UTSI presents 10 day Costa Rica Eco-Adventure
4 components: Permaculture, Eco-Adventure, Spanish instruction, Service
Day 1: Group arrives in SJO. Spend night at Hotel La Guaria. Evening Spanish class.
Day 2: Travel by bus to Uvita. Stop at Rio Tarcoles for lunch and crocodile viewing. Stop at Playa Hermosa, quick swim and then to Finca Carolina to get settled in. Evening program on Finca Carolina history, layout, plantings.
Day 3: Farm activity in the morning. Spanish class to follow lunch. Afternoon hike to waterfalls, ridge for sunset.
Day 4: Canyoning/Waterfall rappel AM. Community service with Forjando Alas in the afternoon.
Day 5: Tree planting in morning. Forjando Alas community service afternoon.
Day 6: Boat tour Marino Ballena. Lunch in Bahia. Forjando Alas afternoon.
Day 7: Hike up to top of La Union, picnic lunch. Free time after return to Finca Carolina.
Day 8: Canopy Tour at Hacienda Baru. Afternoon in town for internet, shopping,etc. Evening Spanish class.
Day 9: Morning Spanish class followed by all day at beach with Forjando Alas. Beach picnic and surf lessons. Pizza party at Finca Carolina.
Day 10: Travel to Alajuela, final dinner/celebration/dancing.
Day 11: Depart for US.
- 10 nights lodging
- All meals
- All transport within Costa Rica
- 4 Spanish classes 1 hour each
- 1 Waterfall rappelling tour
- 1 Boat Tour in marine national park with snorkeling or kayak tour with snorkeling
- 1 Rainforest Canopy Tour (Ziplines)
- 1 Surf lesson and surfboard rental
- 2 guided rainforest hikes to waterfalls
- Participation in community service project-Forjando Alas (Building Wings) is non profit group working with local youths in Uvita
- Participation in organic farming activities such as tree planting, fruit harvesting, plant propagation, plant ID
Math CAPTCHA: *